Book Review: Club Dead by Charlaine Harris

12.22.2010


Club Dead (Sookie Stackhouse #3) by Charlaine Harris
Things between cocktail waitress Sookie and her vampire boyfriend Bill seem to be going excellently (apart from the small matter of him being undead) until he leaves town for a while. A long while. Bill's sinister boss Eric has an idea of where to find him, whisking her off to Jackson, Mississippi to mingle with the under-underworld at Club Dead. When she finally catches up with the errant vampire, he is in big trouble and caught in an act of serious betrayal. This raises serious doubts as to whether she should save him or start sharpening a few stakes of her own ...




So... This is the third book in the Sookie Stackhouse series, and Sookie isn't getting any less annoying. But I should've already made piece with that, no? Plus, the action really does pick up, and there's definitely a lot more Eric, so I shall try not to complain too much.

In Club Dead, things are not well between Sookie and Bill. Hooooray! They should always have a fight so we don't have to read about them getting mushy together. But anyways... Things aren't well between them because Bill's keeping secrets from Sookie, and then he goes and gets himself in trouble. And who's there to help her get Bill back? There's the yummy Eric, of course, and a yummy new character, Alcide, who's a werewolf.

Now, the HBO Alcide I wasn't too crazy about because he looked too Turkish for my taste. But I unconsciously kept picturing him as I read the book, and too warm and fuzzy not to like. So far, at least. The only thing I disliked about him is how fast he starting wanting Sookie. How come every single man she meets wants her right away? I guess in Charlaine Harris's world annoying and whiny equals hot sex material. Who knows? I definitely do hope we see more of Alcide though. We cannot get rid of Sookie since she's the main character, so let's just get rid Bill and have more Alcide instead, shall we? I WISH.

Another character I'd like to see more of is Pam. She has this sick sense of humor that I'd definitely want to read a lot more about. If there's a flashback into her past or something, that'll make my day because when it comes to her, we know nearly nothing.

Toward the end, all that started happening at the gas station and ended at Sookie's house seemed a bit overdone to me, but then I realized Harris is setting up for the next book, so I guess I can forgive that.

Kulüp Ölüsü - Charlaine Harris

Biricik sevgilinizin başının belada olduğunu düşünürken, beyefendiyi bir başkasıyla,
iş üzerinde yakalasanız ne yapardınız?

Sookie Stackhouse'un sevgilisi bir vampir. İsteyerek hayatına dahil ettiği tek vampir de o. Bill. Yalnız bu aralar Bill biraz uzak. Başka bir eyalette olduğu için uzak, başka bir sebep yok! Fesat ve seksi patron Eric'inse ölümsüz çalışanını nerede bulacağına dair bir fikri elbette mevcut. Sookie’nin kendini derin yeraltı dünyasındaki Ölüler Kulübü'ne katılmak misyonuyla Jackson, Missippi'ye giderken bulmasının sebebi de bu. Ölüler Kulübü, vampir sosyetesinin en itibarlı üyelerinin hoş vakit geçirmek ve biraz da 0 grubu kan yumulmak için gittiği tehlikeli bir buluşma noktası. Sookie sonunda sevgilisine kavuştuğunda -ki, son derece ciddi bir ihanet aşamasında-Bill’i kurtarsa mı, yoksa kendi elleriyle mi haklasa, karar veremeyecek!

Sookie'nin gıcıklığının çaresi olmayan bir hastalık olduğunu kabullenmem lazım sanırım artık. Aksiyon son noktadaydı bu üçüncü kitapta, ve Bill neredeyse hiç yoktu meydanda, o yüzden çok da şikayet etmemem lazım aslında. Bu kitapta Sookie ve Bill biraz limoni. Bill kızdan gizli gizli işler yapmaya başlayınca 'ben kraliçeyim ahoy!' modundaki Sookie hanım trip atıyor, Bill de birdenbire ortalıktan kayboluyor. Sonradan anlıyoruz ki kaçırılmış tabi. Ben bir de ona ek olarak 'kim kaçırdıysa bırakmasın sakın!' dedim içimden, o ayrı. Daha sonra da kızı boş bulunca Eric'in daha bir yavşamaya başlayacağı aklıma geldi ve geri aldım düşündüğümü. Eric ya. Ah, Eric ya! Bir de yardım etti kıza Bill'i bulsun diye. Ama uyanık tabii, kendine de faydası var Bill'i bulmanın. Seviyorum bu karakteri.

Yeni tanıştığımız kurt adam karakter Alcide'i de sevdim. Dizide onu oynayan adamda çok bir Türk amca tipi var. O yüzden ıyk mıyk demiştim ama kitapta dayanamıyor, seviyor insan. Böyle sıcak mıcak bir adam kendisi. Tek gıcık yani Sookie'ye hop diye aşık olması. Cidden Charlaine Harris'in dünyasında gıcık ve mızmız hatunların çekici sanıldığını düşünmeye başladım. Ne kadar supernatural adam varsa hasta kıza, sinir olmamak elde değil! Bir tanesi de ıyyyy iğrençsin falan dese fena mı olur? Ben sevinirim kendi çapımda şahsen. Neyse... Umarım Alcide'i daha fazla görürüz. Hatta Bill'i atalım Alcide kalsın. Sookie'den kurtulma şansımız hiç yok ana karakter olduğu için ama en azından Bill'i sallasak? Gıcıklar iki yerine tek olsa?


2 comments:

  1. I actually LOVE this series. It took me til book three to get into it though. I was never a fan of Bill, but I do Love Eric, and Pam, she rocks! I don't know if you've ever seen True Blood, but I think they picked the perfect character to play her. And I agree with you on her sick sense of humor. And, if you like vampire books (and I'm thinking you do since you like this series) then I HIGHLY recommend The Chicagoland Vampires series. The covers aren't my favorite and the names are really silly, but they were so amazing.

    Yet, another take on how vampires live and stuff. They are one of my favorite vampire series.

    Jen
    In the Closet With a Bibliophile

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. I do love the show! =D And I remember seeing those on your blog, which caught my interest. I do surely wanna check them out =)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Header'ımı sevgili kardeşim Jaffar yaptı.