Book Review: Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

11.23.2010


Mockingjay (Hunger Games #3) by Suzanne Collins

Young Katniss Everdeen has survived the dreaded Hunger Games not once, but twice, but even now she can find no relief. In fact, the dangers seem to be escalating: President Snow has declared an all-out war on Kattnis, her family, her friends, and all the oppressed people of District 12. The thrill-packed final installment of Suzanne Collins' Hunger Games trilogy will keep young hearts pounding.









My heart was pounding, alright, but that was during the first two books. In the beginning of this one, I was rather amazed at the kind of subjects being touched upon, but later I just felt like the characters were becoming less and less visible. Yes, the events are important, but to me characters are the most important part of the story. Especially in a series, it's amazing to see how they change, evolve, etc., but that didn't happen in this book.

The war and violence seemed to just swallow the characters. I feel like these two subjects, unfortunately, aren't strangers to our generation. But when the characters weren't really there, it pretty much felt like watching the news on the television screen. Many times it made me wanna scream, "once more, please, WITH FEELING!" But nope.

I also didn't like how Gale was nowhere to be found in the ending. I'm pretty sure a lot of the readers who made a connection with him were upset about that, too.

I do like these series in general. While the second book is my favorite, I thought the first one was very good, too. I might just pretend this last one never happened.







I've also finished this book on the plane to NYC, but I'm not going to review it. Let's just say it was nothing more than what I expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Header'ımı sevgili kardeşim Jaffar yaptı.