Book Review: Definitely Dead by Charlaine Harris

8.09.2011

Sixth in the Anthony Award-winning Southern Vampire series.

Spiked with a frothy fusion of romance, mystery, and fantasy, this bestselling series sends the supernaturally gifted cocktail waitress Sookie Stackhouse to New Orleans, where she has to deal with the legacy of one of her own family and a host of potentially dangerous characters.
I seriously don't have much to say about this one. Sookie's cousin, Hadley the vampire, dies and Sookie needs to go to Louisiana to gather her things. When she gets there, it turns out Hadley was the lover of The Queen of Louisiana, and she was jealous that the queen was getting married, Also, the parents of Alcide's boyfriend that Sookie killed (I'm too lazy to even look her name up) are still after her. Oh, aaaaaaand, she's trying to get it on with the weretiger Quinn, whom I did not find attractive at all. Especially when he adds a "babe" at the end of his sentences, my brain cringes. 

The most interesting aspect of Definitely Dead for me was the vampire wedding because it's more political than anything else. Yet, since Sookie was way too busy doing her own thing, I didn't get to see as much detail as I'd wanted. Amelia the witch, Hadley's landlord was pretty cool, and I'm rather excited about her going back to Bon Temps with Sookie. We didn't get to see the fun witches yet, and I'm hoping they'll show up at some point.

The big thing of this book is that it turns out Sookie has fairy blood. First it makes one go, "Ooooh, how cool!" But then, as expected, Sookie starts bitching about it, and all the excitement fades away. Oh, poor me, I can't have normal guys because I can read their minds; I can't have supernatural guys either because they're drawn to my fairy blood. Boo-to-the-hoo. 

I'm not even going to get into what an asshole Bill's been to Sookie because I couldn't care less. It's not something I wouldn't expect from him, but then maybe I shouldn't 'cos he's supposed to be the "good guy?" I don't know. Yet, Sookie's super-pissed at him, which isn't new news, but this time she at least has a better reason than Bill trying to make her jealous by dating a different girl.

Now I'm wondering if Sookie's going to be the Queen's pet and be sent to different assignments. And what's Eric up to besides popping out just so he shows up? Where's Alcide? What's up with Jason and Crystal? Why's Quinn everywhere?

These are what I'm wondering right now.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Header'ımı sevgili kardeşim Jaffar yaptı.