Book Survey

1.16.2011

First of all, I cannot view blogger blogs that are hosted by Google. It has been going on for a while, and nobody's said anything about it, but I'm pretty sure something's going on again. They're probably banned, and I hate that I live in a country where this happens way too often. Now onto brighter things...

  • First off, Mad Scientist at steampunkery & book reviews is running a 1000 followers giveaway. She'll start giving out books when she hits 1000, and some of them will be open internationally, which got me all excited.
 Steampunkery & Book Reviews

BOOK SURVEY (It's almost 4am, and I'm so not sleepy. And somehow I feel like I've done this before.)
1. Which book has been on your shelves the longest?
Little Women. It's an old Turkish translation that my mother gave me.
2. What is your current read, your last read and the book you’ll read next?
I'm currently reading 'Deja Dead' by Kathy Reichs. Last book I read was 'Charlotte's Web,' and I'm planning to read 'City of Bones' by Cassandra Clare next.
3. What book did everyone like and you hated?
The Da Vinci Code. I just couldn't get into it at all and ditched it.
4. Which book do you keep telling yourself you’ll read, but you probably won’t?
I don't think there's such a book for me.
5. Which book are you saving for “retirement?”
None, of course.
6. Last page: read it first or wait till the end?
Wait till the end.
7. Acknowledgements: waste of ink and paper or interesting aside?
I love the acknowledgements! The longer and more detailed they are, the giddier I get reading them.
8. Which book character would you switch places with?
Alice of Alice in Wonderland or Tinkerbell. Or I can just live inside any Marquez novel, really.
9. Do you have a book that reminds you of something specific in your life (a person, a place, a time)?
I don't have a particular one.
10. Name a book you acquired in some interesting way.
I've found a couple of second-hand, $1 books lately, which counts as 'interesting' here because it's already find English books, let alone finding them for so little.
11. Have you ever given away a book for a special reason to a special person?
Yes. To my best friends. I don't trust too easily when it comes to giving away books.
12. Which book has been with you to the most places?
Quite a few books I own have crossed the ocean.
13. Any “required reading” you hated in high school that wasn’t so bad ten years later?
No. I hated the older Turkish literature books, and I still hate them.
14. What is the strangest item you’ve ever found in a book?
A sea-shell shaped crayon. It was a second hand coloring book, but it was so old and beat up that I couldn't believe the crayon was still in there.
15. Used or brand new?
Used.
16. Stephen King: Literary genius or opiate of the masses?
Well, I do like his earlier work.
17. Have you ever seen a movie you liked better than the book?
I don't think so. But I'm starting to think I'll like the TV show 'Bones' more than the books.
18. Conversely, which book should NEVER have been introduced to celluloid?
Running With Scissors is the only one that I can think of right now. I'm sure there's more.
19. Have you ever read a book that’s made you hungry, cookbooks being excluded from this question?
Yes! 'This Book Will Save Your Life' by A.M. Homes, especially.
20. Who is the person whose book advice you’ll always take?
Kathy, JuJu, Craig, Hannah.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Header'ımı sevgili kardeşim Jaffar yaptı.