Readathon Day 3 / Toplu Okuma 3. Gün

7.03.2013

I think today's participation post is my favorite! We get to talk about our favorite fictional female. Well, I'm gonna talk about more than one because there are quite a few amazing female characters out there! I'm sure when I see this post again in a few days, I'll be mad at myself thinking, "how could I forget about HER?"
***
Toplu okuma etkinliğinin en sevdiğim konusu bugünkü sanırım. En sevdiğimiz kadın karakterden bahsedeceğiz. Ben bir taneyle sınırlı kalamayacağım tabii çünkü edebiyat dünyasında çok fazla şahane kadın karakter var. Hatta bir kaç gün sonra bu yazıyı gördüğümde "bilmemkimi nasıl unutmuşum!" diye pişman olacağım da kesin.



First up and my number one is Jo (Josephine March; later March-Bhaer) from Little Women. She's 15 at the beginning of the book, which is around the same age I was when I first met her. I had a Turkish translation copy of the book my mother gave me; it was the book she had and read as a girl. I was instantly in love with Jo; I wanted to be her, I wanted her to be my friend, my sister. She's very different from all her sisters, which is why I liked her in the first place. Then, she's rather tomboyish, has a temper, knows what she wants and works hard to get it. She's creative, funny, strong, unladylike for her own good and a writer. She cares about her family and friends and will go to any length for them. Meeting her was the first time I really realized I didn't have to fit the mold the society had set out for me. In the 1994 movie, she's played by Winona Ryder, and I really think she fits her so well. Every actor/actress casted in that movie was just how I pictured them. I love the movie just as well. I watch it at least once every year to remind myself of what I've learned from Jo.
***
İlk önce bir numaram olan, Küçük Kadınlar'daki Jo'dan (Josephine March; sonrasında March-Bhaer) başlamam lazım. Kitabın başlarında Jo 15 yaşında; yani benim onunla ilk tanıştığımda olduğum yaşlarda. Annem gençliğinde okuduğu kitabı bana hediye etmişti ve o günü hala unutamam; okuduğum ilk gerçek roman Küçük Kadınlar. Jo'yla bizimki ilk okuyuşta aşktı; hem o olmak istedim, hem de arkadaşım, kardeşim olsun istedim. Öncelikle diğer kız kardeşlerinden farklı olması çok hoşuma gitti. Bunun yanı sıra biraz erkeksi hareketleri var, biraz huysuz, hiç bir şeyden geri kalmak istemiyor, ne istediğini biliyor ve onu almak için çok çalışıyor. Yaratıcı, güçlü, çoğu zaman "bayan" gibi davranmayan bir kız. Ailesi ve arkadaşlarına büyük önem veriyor ve onların iyiliği için elinden geleni hiç düşünmeden yapıyor. Onunla tanışdığım zaman, toplumun bana dayattığı gibi olmak zorunda olmadığımı anladığım zamandı. 1994'te çekilen filmde Winona Ryder oynuyor Jo'yu ve bence cuk oturmuş. Zaten o filmdeki bütün karakterler tam benim kafamdakine uydundu. Filmi de kitabı kadar seviyorum ve her yıl en az bir kere muhakkak izliyorum Jo'dan öğrendiklerimi hatırlamak için.

Then there is Belle from Beauty and the Beast. Even though she ends up a princess in the end, she struggles through life and love first. I've always felt very close to her probably because she loved to read. I myself too had my nose buried in a book since I can't even remember when, and when I saw that girls who read could be princesses too, I had hope. I've also always thought the Beast was more cute than ugly. He turns into a blond prince in the end, which might even explain my obsession with blond men. But let's leave it at that for now since it's a whole another psychological evaluation.
***
Ve tabii Güzel ve Çirkin'den Belle var. Hikayenin sonunda prenses olsa da oraya hayatın ve aşkın zorluklarını aşarak geliyor. Her zaman kendimi ona yakın hissetmişimdir; büyük ihtimalle sürekli kitap okuduğu için. Benim de yüzüm sürekli kitaplara gömülüydü çocukluğumda ve ergenliğimde (hala da öyle gerçi). Kitap kurdu kızların da prenses olabileceğini gördüğüm hikayedir bu. Aynı zamanda ben hep Çirkin'in çirkinden öte sevimli olduğunu düşündüm. Hikayenin sonunda sarışın bir prense dönüşüyor. Bu belki sarışın adamlara hasta olmamı bile açıklayabilir ama bunun için uzun bir psikolojik analiz gerekebilir o yüzden burada bırakalım bence bu konuyu.

My third and final pick is Hermione Granger. This one doesn't need much explanation, right? She's got the books, the smarts, the beauty; the everything. She's someone we all wanna be and also to have as a friend. 
***
Üçüncü ve son seçimim Hermiona Granger. Bunu aslında açıklamaya bile gerek yok, değil mi? Her şey var bu kızda: kitaplar, zeka, güzellik... Hem olmayı isteyeceğimiz, hem de arkadaşım olsa keşke diyeceğimiz bir kız.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Header'ımı sevgili kardeşim Jaffar yaptı.