Readathon Day 1 / Toplu Okuma 1. Gün

7.01.2013

I used to always see similar events, and would get really upset. They mostly read new releases, and since it's not easy to get them that quickly here in Turkey, I just watched other people have all the fun. But thanks to Read-a-thon Central, I can actually be a part of it now!
***
Önceleri böyle etkinlikleri sağda solda görüyordum ama katılamıyordum. Çoğu yeni çıkan kitapları okuyordu ve Türkiye'de yurtdışında yeni çıkanlara ulaşmak zaman aldığı için bu etkinlikleri sadece uzaktan izleyebiliyordum. Read-a-thon Central sayesinde ben de katılabiliyorum!


So since this is the introduction post, here's how I usually describe myself:

I'm Simay (pronounced Simai), but most of my friends call me Zim. I'm a Capricorn girl, and every year I like to rub it in people's faces that I share the same birthday with David Bowie, Elvis Presley and Stephen Hawking-- my birthday is also the day that Tom and Summer meet for the first time in 500 Days of Summer. I like books (obviously!), movies and tv shows as much as everyone else. I also like reading footnotes and thankyous in cd booklets, dancing in the rain, knitting and crocheting, staying up all night for literature, learning new things, living inside my own head, bursting into song at random times and most of the things others might consider "weird."

***

İlk gün, kendimizi tanıtıyor ve 1-7 Temmuz arasında "okunacaklar" listemizden hangi kitapları okuyacağımızı belirliyoruz. Ben genelde kendimi şöyle tanıtıyorum: 

Adım Simay, ancak arkadaşlarım genelde Zim diye de hitap eder bana. Astronomiye inananlara oğlak burcu olduğumu belirtmeden geçmem, hatta David Bowie, Elvis Presley ve Stephen Hawking'le aynı gün doğduğum için herkese hava atarım-- atmaya çalışırım yani. Hatta Aşkın (500) Günü filminde Tom ve Summer da benim doğumgünümde tanışıyorlar. Kitapları (haliyle), filmleri ve dizileri herkes kadar ben de severim. Sevdiğim diğer şeyler arasında dipnotları ve CD'lerdeki teşekkür notlarını okumayı, yağmurda dans etmeyi, örgü örmeyi, kendi kafamın içinde yaşamayı, yeni şeyler öğrenmeyi sayabilirim. Kitap okumak için bütün gece uyanık kalmak benim için uygundur ve olur olmadık zamanlarda birden şarkı söylemeye başlayabilirim.
Here's what I'm hoping I'll be able to get through in 7 days: / 7 günde okumayı umduklarım şöyle:

Fahrenheit 451 - Ray Bradbury
(Türkçesi İthaki Yayınları'ndan çıkmış. Kitapçılarda bulabilirsiniz; baskısı tükenmiş falan değil yani.)

On Bullshit - Harry G. Frankfurt
(Türkçesi "Boktanlık Üzerine" olarak 6:45 Yayın'dan çıkmış)

Chess - Stefan Zweig
(Türkçesi Can Yayınları'ndan "Satranç" olarak çıkmış)

Odd and the Frost Giants - Neil Gaiman
(Türkçesi İthaki Yayınları'ndan "Odd ve Ayaz Devleri" olarak çıkmış.)

Oğullar ve Rencide Ruhlar - Alper Canıgüz


I tried to pick "thin" books that I've always put aside, thinking, "well, I can read that in a jiffy," but then never got around to. "Fahrenheit 451" is my book club's current pick, so it made sense to include it. I guess we'll see if I can get through all of them in a week! I'm starting with "On Bullshit" since it's the tiniest.
***
"İnce" olan, "amaaan bunu hemen okurum nasıl olsa" diyerek kenara attığım kitaplardan seçmeye çalıştım. "Fahrenheit 451" kitap kulübümün son seçimi olduğu için onu da bu arada okumaya çalışmak mantıklı geldi. Hepsini bir haftada okuyabilecek miyin, hepberaber göreceğiz. "Boktanlık Üzerine" ile başlıyorum yarın; en minik o olduğu için.

////

TEASERBITS CHALLENGE at ShelfAddiction

Here are 2 random lines from the book I'm reading:

It does seem that bullshitting involves a kind of bluff. It is closer to bluffing, surely than to telling a lie.

It is "On Bullshit" by Harry Frankfurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Header'ımı sevgili kardeşim Jaffar yaptı.